Our community is located about a mile or so west of the Ballston Common Mall, bordering Carlin Springs Road and divided by Arlington Boulevard. The Northside and Greenbrier sections lie north of the Boulevard and Southside section to the south. Construction of Arlington Forest began in 1939, the first homes occupied were in the Southside. Our Citizens Association was founded in 1940.
The Arlington Forest Citizens Association has the distinction of having published an outstanding news bulletin for longer than any other civic association in Arlington County. The distinctive Arlington Forester masthead, showing the stores and trees in the shopping center, at Arlington Boulevard and North Park Drive, was designed in 1948 by Forester Tom Cullen (Southside). This design with only minor changes is still being used nearly 60 years later.